To receive financial aid from UB's financial aid office and the federal aid programs, a student must:
- be admitted into a degree or certificate program
- be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- not be in default on a loan or owe a repayment on a grant at any institution. (If you have defaulted on a student loan you must provide proof that the loan has been paid in full, or that payment arrangements have been made with the lender.)
- be making satisfactory academic progress towards a degree or certificate
- be registered with the Selective Service if required
- not have been convicted of possessing or selling illegal drugs
State and private financial aid programs may have other requirements.