Your education is the smartest investment you will make.
We're here to help.
Academic Center, Room 126
1420 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
map and directions
Monday - Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Federal School Code: 002102
Applying for Financial Aid
- Apply for admission and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov
- Get accepted into a qualified academic program.
- After you've been accepted, you will receive a MyUB account.
- All financial aid directions and forms are found on the left side of the MyUB landing page under "My Student Center." For assistance with MyUB contact 410.837.6262 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Avoid delays with your award
- Review your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy.
- Determine the loan amount you will need for the academic year; see tuition and fees
- Keep your local address current on MyUB.
- Supply consistent, accurate information on your application and documentation..
- Keep us informed about any scholarships, graduate assistantships or other outside resources you will receive.
- We send all communications to your Ubalt email account; check it regularly.
- Apply for financial aid as early as possible. The earliest you can apply is Jan. 1 for the fall semester. The State of Maryland's priority deadline is March 1.
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every year.
- Remember your FAFSA Personal Identification Number (PIN). You will need it often. Apply at www.fafsa.gov. The UB School Code is 002102.
- If we need additional information or documentation from you we will contact you by email and it will be listed on your ToDo list in MyUB. Mark all documents clearly with your name and student ID number. If you do not know your ID number log into your MyUB and look for the My ID Info section on the far right.
- You may fax documents to 410.837.5493. Faxed documents require approximately 24 business hours to process. If you need confirmation prior to that timeframe, we'll need your fax number and time of transmission.
- Keep copies of everything.
- Processing of applications and awards begins after the March 1 priority deadline for new students and every June for returning students.